The third season in Rocket League starts on April 7, 2021, as early as next week Wednesday. This is followed by the launch of a new Rocket Pass, but other new content is also coming into play. To this end, cooperations with NASCAR and Formula 1 are starting, which give hope for promising actions.
But beyond all the new content, Psyonix is now presenting another feature that comes into play with the pre-season patch, a few hours before the start of the season. This is a completely redesigned trade-in system that will make it much easier for you to manage your Rocket League items. The associated patch is currently expected on April 7 at 1 a.m.
The new Trade-In System
Instead of the previous option of pressing an item in the inventory to open the trade-in menu and thus exchange five items of the same quality for one of the next higher rarity, there will be a button for the trade-ins directly in the garage in the future.
If you enter the new menu via this button, you will see your items divided into three categories: core items, tournament items and blueprints. The items in each of these categories, in turn, will be sorted by rarity. So you can easily start with the desired rarity and select and exchange all unintentional items clearly.
With the upcoming update, it will be possible to exchange blueprints from different series together with Rocket League trading prices. For this change, the chances of you getting back in exchange are changing. This increases the chance of blueprints from a series if you have invested most of the blueprints to enhance it.
For example, if you exchange three blueprints from the Ignition series and two more from the Ferocity series, you have a 60 percent chance of an upgraded blueprint from the Ignition series and a 40 percent chance of a new blueprint from the Ferocity series.